2012 NGWA Groundwater Expo and Annual MeetingProfessional Development Program Submissions
December 4-7, 2012
NGWA is seeking professional development offerings for presentation at the 2012 Groundwater Expo and Annual Meeting, taking place December 4-7 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Submissions for workshops, panels, and field trips should reflect practical application and technology transfer. Commercial presentations are inappropriate in this setting.
Workshops and panels will be allocated one hour for presentation time. (Fifteen minutes will then be scheduled for participants to move from one session to another at the Expo.)
Descriptions should be written to address areas of broad universal appeal and must be submitted in sentence form. All submissions are due through NGWA's electronic submission system by April 27, 2012. Descriptions and biographical information are critical to securing continuing education credit recognition from regulatory agencies.
Proposals are being sought on the following topics:
- Business management
- Drilling operations and well construction
- Geothermal operations
- Innovative approaches
- Professional development
- Safety/compliance/safe practice
- Sustainable and available groundwater
- Water quality and treatment
- Water systems
- Well maintenance and rehabilitation
Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated. NGWA reserves the right to expand, consolidate, and combine sessions or reject them. NGWA also reserves the right to limit the presentations by any one speaker at the Expo.
Expectations for Accepted Submittals
2012 NGWA Groundwater Expo and Annual Meeting Speaker Agreement
Thank you for submitting your presentation for the 2012 NGWA Groundwater Expo and Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada, December 4-7. NGWA presents high quality professional development offerings focusing on technology transfer for the protection of groundwater and to elevate the skills of all working within the industry. All abstracts are reviewed and those presenters selected to participate in the Expo will be notified by email.
If selected as an Expo presenter, I understand and agree:
- I must present and conclude my presentation within the time period allocated to me.
- I must craft and make my presentation to facilitate technology and information transfer. I will not make a sales pitch or give a commercial. Commercial props and materials are prohibited.
- I am expected to register to attend the event. If I do not register on or before November 2, 2012, my presentation will be removed from the Expo.
- I may not make statements or representations of statements on behalf of NGWA.
- All handout materials will be made available to attendees via electronic means in PDF format prior to the Expo. My materials (handouts and Presentation files are due to NGWA on November 18, 2012.
- By submitting written description and handout materials to NGWA for the Groundwater Expo, I grant NGWA a license to use, reproduce, and distribute to Groundwater Expo attendees prior to, during, and following the event.
Technical sessions are due April 27, 2012.
- By submitting a workshop description you acknowledge you have read and understand the Speaker's Agreement and you agree to the terms as outlined.
- All submissions must be in electronic format.
- Submissions will be collected until midnight ET, Friday, April 27, 2012.
- Upon submission, an automatic message is generated and sent to your e-mail address with your ID and password.
Technical support may be obtained by calling 401 334.0220 between 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET, Monday-Friday, or at all times by contacting Technical Support. You may also use the "Tech Support" or "Feedback" links in the online abstract system.